2016.09.20 - Major House Project
Tina spent nearly a week at a special re-enactment event in Bexbach, Germany whilst I stayed at home. While she was gone I started and almost finished a major project in the house that I've been planning and buying the parts to do the work over the last two years. I would have finished too, but I ran out of a part that I thought I had plenty of and the hastily ordered ones did not arrive until the day after Tina arrived back.
So what is this major project?
I installed three large central heating radiators upstairs, one in the hallway and two in the main bedroom. I may not be a major project for many people, but it certainly was for me. Each of those radiators weights 20Kg or just over 3 stone and I also had to connect it all up the the existing copper pipework.
I used the Speedfit plastic pipework as I am fairly confident about using it and here you can see one of the radiators hung and the pipes below but the valves not installed as yet.
This is the second radiator in the bedroom.
And the one in the hallway, just hung with no pipework just yet.
And the hallway radiator fitted and ready to go.
Likewise one of the radiators in the bedroom. The one under the window wasn't finished until later, but I expect that you can imagine what it looks like.
Needless to say, it was a complete surprise for Tina when she returned and I gained many brownie points for doing this.
So far there have been no leaks but I have to get the plumber who installed the hot water tank and heating pumps to look at the system when he comes to service the Rayburn. Only then will we know if it works or not.