2016.10.24 - And Now the Starboard Side
The aim this evening was to get the book case on the starboard side completed and after just under four hours it was. This is a major step forward for me. Not the bookcase but the four hour work stint. This has been increasing slowly from the usual two hours to what it is now. Technically it was 3 hours and 45 minutes but that's near enough 4 hours for me.
I did make one mistake right at the end with the last screw I put in. I had drilled the pilot hole but forgot to drill the clearance hole and so the screw split the wood. It only took about ten minutes to make a new piece and the mistake was not because I was getting tired but because I rushing to finish. One day I'll learn.
The starboard side bookcase done.
From a different angle.
And a shot showing both.
I'm not sure what to do with the space aft of the bookcase below the stowage and above the seat. I could make a back to the seat with stowage behind but I think I'll just leave it as it is for the moment and perhaps I'll think of something after the boat has been sailed for a bit.
Seeing it from this angle makes me think that it would be a good idea to put a third bar across the bottom of each bookcase between the other two. The tendency of the mattresses will be to sag into this space and a third bar will prevent that from happening.
Something to do tomorrow.